But I realized today that I've actually accomplished quite a bit this year.
Here's the 2008 low-down:
- We built a new pergola and got a new patio
- I grew stuff from seed, indoors and outdoors
- I had the poodles removed and expanded the front yard garden
- I composted!
- We got approval for a new community garden
- Got a new bike and still knew how to ride it
- I grew Heirloom Tomatoes for the first time
- Got two paying writing gigs
- I still have crap sitting on my patio that has frozen and thawed a dozen times by now, including my precious big ass purple flower pot
- I didn't plant a single bulb
- Never got the bathroom remodeled (seriously, the floor is gonna fall in eventually)
- Didn't get that Hybrid car
- The humongous Romanesco Broccoli never bore a single fruit
- The cherry tree died in the patio pot
- GB and Pie Guy left me
- I did not attend the first ever Garden Blogger's Spring Fling and am living to regret it
- Submitted a piece of writing to a magazine and got rejected
- The expletive landscaper ripped out my 2nd year strawberries, and a few other valuable plants, was not remorseful, and was subsequently fired
- Squash Vine Borers, the bastards!
- Mice in the garage from the Corn Gluten fertilizer
- A tree fell on the house (but now my front yard is full sun instead of mostly shade, so technically, this one could be on the good list, too)
How was your 2008?
edited to include links that I meant to include in the first place but accidently hit "publish post" instead of "save as draft". Sorry, folks!