Well, being the lazy bastard that I am, it sat (in its box) in the living room for a while, then got moved (in its box) to the patio for a while where it endured several monsoon-type storms.
Yesterday I finally mustered up the motivation to assemble it. The main reason yesterday had to be the day is that I had about 12 new plants sitting on the basketball court that I needed to plant in the front yard garden and It was either assemble this thing, or walk back and forth about 6-8 times cursing myself for putting off assembling the cart for another weekend.
The cart wasn't particularly difficult to assemble but given my crabby mood, I decided it'd be a lot easier if I was a rocket scientist. What a pain in the ass! I seriously needed an assistant but finally finished it after a little over 1.5 hours. The funny thing was that I ended up with a couple of "extra" pieces including a bunch of screws. I agonized all day today about how I could have possibly assembled this bad ass looking cart but somehow missed these two huge pieces. Then, after I'd loaded all my plants into the cart and started toward the front garden I thought to myself, "I wish there was a place to carry tools on this thing." SHAZAMM! So, that's what the extra pieces were for! They are tool holders! That's genius!
I am so in love with this cart already. First off it's red which rocks. And second, the really big tires make for a really smooth ride. I rode over my uneven walkway effortlessly - I hardly even felt the bumps! It made me remember back last year when I ordered the load of topsoil and bitched and moaned with every single load that I struggled not to tip over as I moved it only a few feet to the flower beds. Now I want to order more dirt (or mulch which I really need) just to try this sucker out. It's got a removable front door for easy dumping.